Tuesday, March 8, 2011

“You’re Hilarious Because You’re Not Funny”: Happy Birthday Zach!


I’ve kept this blog now for 4 months and it’s original purpose was to communicate information about my health developments to a large quantity of people in a short amount of time so that I wouldn’t have to repeat myself a million times.  I’d like to think it has upheld those intentions thus far, but as expected, this blog has turned into a place for other things as well.  It has become a place for me to vent my feelings and share my experiences publicly, while still “saving face” by hiding behind a computer screen.  It also has given me a place to share random and fun things that happen in my life.  Over these past 4 months, I  have gotten very little negative feedback from my “readers”, (other than me slacking on the updates).  Frankly, I think that’s the way it should be – It is MY blog afterall, right?!

Although most people don’t give negative comments about my blog, I have heard one repeated complaint from one person over the past four months:
“Why the [expletive] am I never mentioned in your blog!?”
I bet a handful of you could guess who this quote belongs to even before I write it…

If you guessed that the above critic is none other than Zachary E. Nelson, you are exactly correct!  Even though Zach has been in numerous pictures posted on my blog, he has given me grief about his name not being mentioned over multiple occasions.  SO HERE YA GO YOU BIG JERK!  A blog dedicated solely to YOU!

For those of you that don’t know the relationship Zach and I have, he is basically like the brother I never had.  We bicker a lot: I make fun of him with rude comments and he gives it right back; He hip-checks me into random people while “dancing” in large crowds and I punch/knee him in the stomach.  Some people may scowl or disapprove of these behaviors, but hang around the two of us for 5 minutes and you’ll quickly realize that it really is quite normal for us to act this way.  And honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Zach, you are my best friend.  Even though you poke your nose into other people's business, you never listen to me when I talk, you make inappropriate jokes, and you quite honestly annoy the hell out of me on a regular basis, I truly admire who you are as a person.  You’re, (surprisingly) adventurous, selfless, and one of the most loyal people I know -- I can always count on you when others let me down.  I envy how naturally social and friendly you are towards just about everyone you meet, and I CERTAINLY laugh a lot while in your presence, (even though most of the time I’m laughing at you rather than with you!) You are simply awesome and I am a better person because I have you as a friend!

So there it is my friend.  This post is my birthday gift to you!  Not only did you get mentioned on the blog, but you can now use this as blackmail for the rest of our lives whenever I make fun of you or claim to hate you. (Again, to those who don’t know the kind of relationship Zach and I have, this happens A LOT!) 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH!! 
CHEERS to 25 years!!

P.S.  And Zach, just to make things clear so that you don’t go too egotistical on me after reading this, I still don’t think you’re “cool” despite the nice things I said about you above. K, byeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment