Saturday, March 5, 2011

Anonymous Philanthropist

Hello!
If you've been paying attention to the blog posts, you know that there's a second entry I plan on posting in reference to the Coaches vs. Cancer game back in February.  I'm working on that now.  In the meantime, here's something else I wanted to mention quickly...

About 3 weeks ago, I received a card in the mail, which contained a monetary gift from an unnamed person(s).  (The salmon-colored card was complete with seashell and inspiring quote).  I continue to be taken aback and humbled by how generous people can be and sometimes I can’t help but think to myself, “What have I done to deserve such generosity from people?”  Nonetheless, I wanted to somehow express my appreciation to whomever sent this card to me.  By the lack of return address on the envelope or signature on the card, you obviously didn’t want me to know who you are, but I thank you sincerely.  And if you happened to have lost your mind that day and really did NOT intend to leave out your name from the card, please come forward so that I can more properly and personally thank you :)

And while we’re at it, an extra “thanks” to all the people who continue to send cards, e-mails and gifts my way, reminding me of how lucky I am to have the particular friends and family in my life that I do! Cheers!
This picture is of me last Friday at my favorite place in Newark, DE.  I needed a little time away from Bangor and to see some old friends from home and UD so I decided to "escape" for some "me time" in the First State for about 48 hours!  A little Brew HaHa in my life makes me very happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment